This application is for Students Rising Above Rising Stars Program for HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS graduating in Spring 2024. SRA empowers students facing systemic barriers to define and find success through education, career, and in life.
Selected students will receive mentoring support, financial assistance, and college and career guidance. The goal of the Rising Stars Program is to provide students with the individualized support they need to be successful.
Rising Stars Program Requirements:
- MUST CURRENTLY BE A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL
- Low-income or living on government assistance
- High school senior in 2023-2024 school year
- Committed to earning a college education
- G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Must live within the nine-county Bay Area
- All students are eligible to apply, regardless of their immigration or citizenship status
Below are the steps to the application process:
- The application will close March 4th at 11:59 p.m. All applications must be competed by that time
- If you are invited to be interviewed, you will be notified in May
- Students selected into the Rising Stars program will be notified in June
**If invited for an interview, you will be asked to provide proof of family income with 2022 tax returns or other documentation, if needed.**
Disclaimer: Confidentiality policy
- The contents of the application will be reviewed by the selection committee and will remain confidential
- SRA does not share the contents of this application with any outside organizations
- SRA is designated as a Mandatory Reporter under California's Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
Please contact Students Rising Above at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this process. We look forward to reading your application.